How to avoid an allergy? A guide to making hair dye fun!
We are all aware of the bright side of using hair-care products, radiant look, soft and beautiful hair, but the other side of the coin is that these products don't suit everybody's hair type. The result can be severe like having rashes, itching, pimples, etc.
How can you safeguard yourself now? Take an allergy alert test?
It is essential to undertake this test 24 hours before using the product, as an allergy can develop unexpectedly even if you have previously used hair colourant of any brand. This test is a precautionary measure known to be accurate when performed under the prescribed conditions indicated below.
However, you should be aware that even if you take this test, you may still have an allergic reaction depending on your body type. The Allergy-Alert Test is not a guarantee of avoiding future allergic reactions. Sterling Naturals highly recommends consulting a doctor if there is any past medical history.
What kind of allergic reactions can be caused due to the use of hair colourants?
You may experience a sensation of burning or irritation on your face. This may give rise to rashes.
How do you take the allergy-alert test?
- To perform the test, remove the earrings.
- Behind the ear, using a cotton bud, apply a small quantity of the hair dye as prepared to cover two sq. cm.
- Allow this area to dry. Leave for 24 hours without washing, covering or touching. If you notice any abnormal reactions like any of them mentioned above during this period, rinse and do not apply the product.
Pro tip: Ensure to take this test every time you use a hair colourant product.
What preventive measures should one take while applying the hair colourant?
- Wear the gloves supplied in the carton.
- Remove all metal objects from hair before colouring and keep them away. Do not use any metal objects as hair styling tools.
- Prepare and apply the mixture in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid contact with eyes, ear or face. Do not use the dye eyelashes or eyebrows.
- This product contains ingredients that may cause severe eye irritation and possible permanent eye injury. Rinse your eyes immediately and thoroughly if the product comes into contact with them. If you wear contact lenses, take them off before rinsing your eyes thoroughly with water.
- Do not inhale or ingest.
- Do not use dye for any other purpose other than colouring your hair. Avoid any unnecessary contact with the skin.
- Make sure to rinse your hair well after application.
- Keep the developer away from heat and light. Do not keep the mixture in a closed bottle (the bottle may expand or burst).
We hope that the process of dying/colouring your hair happens to be a therapeutic experience for you! To make that a reality, it is essential for you to know both sides of the coin. But we are sure that if you take all the preventive measures before applying the hair colourants, this process will surely be something you will always look forward to!